Simply ask yourself: Is this job for me?
Ask yourself – do I have… :
- … the ability to demonstrate flexibility for work, including shifts and additional hours?
- … communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing, directly as well as via telephone
- … the ability to interact with individuals and groups showing sensitivity and empathy to the needs of others
- … basic computer skills
- … organisational skills with good time management
- … the ability to work under pressure
- … the ability to work as part of a team
- … the ability to cope with difficult situations and nervous or stressed patients?
- … the ability to demonstrate patience and respect to patient rights, including patient confidentiality
- … an eye for details for observation and assessment required in patient care
- … physical abilities with gross and fine motor skills required for the job
- … tactile ability sufficient for physical assessment, including palpation of veins
- … the willingness to undertake and learn necessary skills
- … smart presentation maintaining a professional and appropriate image
- … the ability to accept and follow instructions in a safe and efficient manner
If your answer is YES to all questions, then congratulations on having made the right choice and being in the right place.
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, don’t worry, you can still do the job but you require more training and guidance, Don’t hesitate to contact us for advice.