Is this job for me?
BUT before you commit yourself, check the following and see if this is what you have for a career in Phlebotomy.
Ask yourself: do I have, am I or can I:
- Demonstrate flexibility for work, including shifts and additional hours?
- Communication skills with ability to communicate orally and in writing, directly as well as via telephone
- Ability to interact with individuals and groups showing sensitivity & empathy to the needs of others
- Basic computer skills
- Organised person with good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can work as part of a team
- Able to cope with difficult situations and nervous or stressed patients
- Demonstrate patience and respect to patient rights, including patient confidentiality
- An eye for details for observation and assessment required in patient care
- Physical abilities with gross and fine motor skills required for the job
- Tactile ability sufficient to physical assessment, including palpation of veins
- Willingness to undertake and learn necessary skills
- Smart presentation maintaining a professional and physical image
- Accept and follow instructions in a safe and efficient manner
If your answer is YES to all questions, then congratulations again, you have made the right choice and you are in the right place.
If you answer NO to any of the above questions, don’t worry, you can still do the job but you need more training and guidance, please contact us for advice.